Monday, March 31, 2008

ten in ten

I've got ten minutes before I have to leave to give yet another darling harbor seal pup her midnight feed. I'm doing pretty swell, having now worked with two of the three that we've picked up from our area so far this year. I even got to help on the rescue (having put her on watch yesterday), despite my laziness (as I sent my friend out alone, sure she wouldn't still be there...), and the fact that I never work with seals on Mondays.

Pressed for time, here's a list of ten things I've got to do tomorrow:
  1. Pay the rent.
  2. Mail Kevin the last disk of the third season of the Wire. Apparently I left it in my dvd player and didn't check before mailing the others off...
  3. Feed the hummingbirds. Again. I've already made the juice so I am committed.
  4. Which also means I should clean the cats' drinking fountains, but I'm like months behind on that... Poor kitties drinking gross water. But then again, they'd drink from the toilet if I let them. And OC likes to drink from the bird bath. Which is seriously filthy looking.
  5. Deal with OC's sheepskin - which I just discovered Monkey has been using as a latrine. That fricking Monkey. Now I know they make kittens cute just so you won't kill them. I've washed the fur but can't remember if you are allowed to put them in the dryer. Either way it will never be the same.
  6. Take a walk. Though it is supposed to rain. And it's been damn cold. Hope it's warmer when Grace is here.
  7. Buy groceries. Erik might go with me which would make it a date.
  8. Hear from a Realtor. I should be more excited about that but now I am back to being terrified about the whole home-ower scheme.
  9. Empty the dishwasher. But I do that every day. No big deal.
  10. Sweep and vacuum. I got sand everywhere after my harbor seal rescue.
Not the most riveting list to end on, I know. But remember, it's not my last list, cuz I owe from Easter. It's just the best I could come up with in ten minutes.

No comments: