Tuesday, April 01, 2008

last list

Having missed a post on Easter, I owe you a list. I could wax on and on about my recent seal rescues - and believe me, I will, once I get myself organized. But I've been rather busy, so that will take a bit. In fact, I even had a surprise rescue this evening when, while innocently collecting sea glass, I stumbled across a skinny specimen my cohorts had left on watch... I could tell from fifty feet away that he was dangerously underweight. So I made a call and convinced them to let me pick up his starving little 32 kg self. Though I am now infinitely less popular with my friend who had put the seal on watch, I'd happily be in trouble any day if it's what's best for the animal.

Anyway, so tonight's theme is disturbing / amusing things my husband has uttered in the past 24 hours. Here they are in the order quoted:
  1. When I asked if he knew anything about the SVP (Sexually Violent Predator) who had been found dead / presumed murdered at his work the night before, he commented, "Well, he must have been especially annoying."
  2. When talking to his brother about their historically poor performance in school, he noted that he, "got great grades at Cabrillo - a 2.6 GPA."
  3. When I squealed after petting Monkey's belly and accidentally / absent-mindedly encountering his penis, my husband remarked sadly, "Why doesn't that ever happen to me?"
So while none of these comes close to my favorite Erik-ism (fruit is salty), I hope they are a swell list to end on. NaBloPoMo has been well, not fun, annoying really, though I am strangely tempted to start anew. April's theme is the alphabet. I guess I've a couple hours left to be inspired...

No comments: