Friday, March 21, 2008

rushed

This will be another phoned in NaBloPoMo entry, I think, as once again I feel rushed. As usual, I'm almost out of day. I have less than 90 minutes to work with at this point. Even if I had more time, quite frankly I'd rather spend it eating or sleeping or eating so I can go to sleep. I am depleted from my adventures chasing elephant seals. Today we got two new patients, did three tube feedings, attempted two subQs. It's the most action anyone's had for a week, but not so much that it should've been so hectic. The problem was we had to drive north three times (not just two) and the last time we were racing daylight. I think what I feel is a hurry hangover - I want to slow down, I am allowed to slow down, and yet I just feel kinda grumpy and wound.

So what would be a good list then, eh? Perhaps a relaxation fantasy. I would like to:
  1. Wake up naturally - no hungry cats, no telephone calls, certainly no alarm clocks...
  2. Then get a massage - 90 minutes at least. I find that an hour is simply not enough. It takes half that time for me to really let go and enjoy. Sadly, I need to find a masseuse that I love. I've had some that get me, but they've all been random city folks. No one local has really found a way to hit my spot.
  3. Afterwards I'd rotate through my favorites - sauna, steam room, hot tub, pool. I'm imagining a swanky hotel with very few guests (as opposed to gym or club) so I don't have to be courteous to others. The Kabuki Hot Springs in San Francisco would be perfect - if I had the place to myself. Some may disagree, but I have found there is a limit to how many naked women should be in one room at any given time.
  4. Since I'm in a hotel, apparently, definitely room service - a nice butter leaf salad, yummy rolls, a bottle of wine, and something chocolaty for dessert. Erik will order a burger and I will eat most of his fries.
  5. Hopefully we have a view so I can savor the sunset - though tonight the setting sun was my enemy, the moon rise was astounding.
  6. After sunset, maybe a little TV? - if I'm in a hotel with room service, apparently I am out of town (guess that explains why the kitties didn't wake me up, eh?) so I am imagining I am free of Tivo (LOVE my Tivo as you know, but sometimes I feel pressured - like now, I am far behind on my Spanish soap operas and Tivo likes to remind me with those pesky exclamation points...). With limited channels maybe we'd catch a movie? Then early to bed for sure.
Sigh. I feel better already. But I am still hungry. And sleepy. And on call for another hour still. I'd best get myself fed and not tempt the fates... They love to mess with me.

No comments: