Saturday, March 08, 2008

things i need at the grocery store

What list is more basic than the grocery list? Since I don't have anything embarrassing on the list just now, and I don't have anything more inspired on my mind, here's my list now:
  1. Milk - non fat and whole (Erik won't drink anything but whole)
  2. Tortillas - flour for sure, maybe corn?
  3. Oatmeal - at least I've been good at breakfast
  4. Tomatoes
  5. Carrots
  6. Asparagus (cuz it's in season - zucchini if it was not)
  7. Onions
  8. Water (I hate buying water but our tap water is gross)
  9. Ready to Eat Bacon - Erik's new favorite
  10. Bread? (mine is on the verge of molding, Erik needs some sort of white bread, he looks like he likes white bread...)
  11. Sugar? (once I feed the hummingbirds again I will be low)
  12. Yogurt? (if it is on sale - I don't always eat it. Though I used to be a yogurt junkie, I tend to forget about the ones I buy. I think they suffer from poor product placement - on the bottom shelf of the fridge. Total tangent? I remember my mom even had a yogurt maker... which is gross, if you think about it.)
  13. Butter? Could go either way but if Erik gets on a grilled cheese kick my supply could be gone.
  14. Diet soda of some sort. Not the Diet Coke junkie my sister is, but they may be how I am leaning. I've been drinking Diet Sunkist of all things which is strange as I usually hate the artificial orange flavor (reminds me of baby aspirin).
  15. Chili? I suspect Erik has eaten all of his, but he can always live off beans...
  16. Mint Chip Ice Cream - Erik's ultimate staple. He's always sad when Breyer's is on sale cuz he strongly prefers Dryer's but I can't bring myself to pay full price....
  17. Fruit Cocktail
  18. Raspberry Jello - Erik claims he's making a Jello mold...
  19. Peaches and Oranges - in plastic jars, not cans (I got Erik hooked on the good stuff)
  20. Cinnamon Graham Crackers - again for Erik...
  21. Sliced Salami
  22. Smoked Gouda
  23. Sour Cream
Ok, now I have to go feed an elephant seal (and again in the morning after daylight savings begins...), so the shopping will have to wait.

1 comment:

Merry ME said...

That is so true about baby aspirin. To think we brought up a whole generation on that fake orange flavored stuff and for some strange reason it can't pass the lips of today's sick babies.

And I totally agree about Breyer's ice cream. My fave is Edy's. It just seems creamier somehow. But how can one pass up a 2 for $5.00 sale of Breyers?

Your list reminds me that it's only the 9th of the month and I've already spent most of my grocery money and have not yet officially made my list or made my big shopping trip to WalMart. Yikes! I better add Beenie Weenies to the list cause it might be slim pickin's in a week or so!

Love the lists. Keep 'em up!!