Sunday, March 30, 2008

almost april

So tired. Long seal day. Only two keepers (McLovin, the scrawny elephant seal and Subprime, the California sea lion that isn't doing so well...) and two on watch (perfectly healthy harbor seal pups), and Chunky, of course, who we shipped off early. Need a shower but must make list.

In anticipation of my super fun visit from Grace and my sister, here's a list of some things we will do:
  1. Stop at In-n-Out on the way home from the airport.
  2. Stop at a winery that looks like a castle, also on the way home from the airport. If I am crafty, Grace will be wearing a princess hat I have made for her ahead of time.
  3. Go to the beach - often. Though not for long if it is cold and windy like today.
  4. Rent a surri (4 person bike, not daughter of TomKat) and ride it out the Rock to look at otters.
  5. Stop for cotton candy on the way back.
  6. Swim in the warm outdoor pool at the Inn at Morro Bay - either as pool hoppers or guests. Haven't yet decided, but they owe us a couple of swim sessions since the pool was closed when the folks were in town.
  7. Swim in the warm indoor pool at a hotel Erik knows in Pismo. Here we'll be legit cuz we'll be staying there before (and possibly after) the godawful early in the morning March of Dimes.
  8. Walk in the March of Dimes.
  9. Eat giant pizza slices in Pismo. Erik has wanted to do this for ages. I have ordered giant pizza from a place in SLO (that I think is now closed), but they didn't cut it into giant slices - just weird squares. Something about giant slices sounds way cooler.
  10. Eat clam chowder out of sourdough bread bowls - I'm sure also in Pismo. This is what my sis wanted to do in San Francisco. San Fran may be known for its sourdough, but Pismo is known for its clams. So should be close enough, right?
  11. Pay for parking in Pismo. This is a new phenomenon. So I will have to complain about it.
  12. Have a dance party. No sleep over is complete without one and Suz is in the mood for Depeche Mode.
  13. Watch Dora the Explorer. Which reminds me, I've got to get her added to my Tivo. I hope she doesn't conflict with my Spanish soaps.
  14. Play on NickJr.com. Grace loves NickJr.com. And I love the way she says it, "Nick.Junior.Dot.Com." This reminds me, I should buy more printer ink. She loves to print out the pictures she colors in. Trouble is, she prefers to use just one solid color.
  15. Build yet another graham cracker house. This time we are going for height. We think with a little patience and a lot of icing we can make one taller than Grace.
  16. Play with the kitties (at least Monkey, OC will most likely make himself scarce). Grace has discovered the joy of cat toys and Monkey loves attention. He doesn't jump as much or as high as he used to but he still fetches (usually).
  17. Drink Diet Coke. I will have to stock up. Suz is an addict and Grace has quite a taste for it, too.
I'm sure we'll do lots more things, but these are the firm items. And I am, as I mentioned, tired. And dirty. So there.

No comments: