Thursday, March 20, 2008

by the numbers

Maybe by the end of this month I will actually have come up with a theme for my list well before the list is due. As it is, I have less than two hours left to post and thus you are subject to my whim. Tonight's entry can only loosely be considered a list, I think. It's more like a game of word association - which, by the way, I've just discovered, you can play on line. As if I needed another way to waste away my days in front of the computer screen... Anyway, here goes:
  1. Love of my life - Erik, of course
  2. Cats I've had trapped in neighbor's garages - Fabe and now OC
  3. Boxes that Monkey has peed in lately - no more boxes for Monkey
  4. Pillows on my bed - sadly, I don't really love any of them
  5. Letters in my first name - proof I am not a Jennifer
  6. Fingers on Monkey's front paw - but you knew that already
  7. New deadly sins - it looks like I'm guilty of at least 3 of them so far...
  8. 8. 8? I forget was 8 was for - did you recognize the Violent Femmes reference? "Kiss Off" was a major part of the soundtrack to the best of my adolescence...
  9. The pathetically low number of pounds I have shed this year - but at least I can wear my ring again
  10. Commandments - jeez, who knew I was this Catholic? Since I know you are wondering, depending on your interpretation, I may have broken as few as four or as many as eight...
  11. More lists left this month - also my favorite number, since I was born on the 11th.
  12. Eggs in a dozen - funny story about eggs. Tonight I found myself in line behind a guy at the grocery store who was buying five dozen eggs. Though he looked a bit old for mischief, I couldn't resist asking if he was going to eat all those eggs or if they were for throwing at something. He played along at first but soon reminded me this Sunday is Easter. Forgetting Easter - one more reason I am surely going to hell...
  13. Triskaidekaphobia - a word I once tried to play in Hangman during elementary school. In hindsight, I'm certain my stumped colleagues were right to chastise me for using a word I didn't truly know myself, as I just now had to look up the spelling...
Whew. Getting this in just under the wire... I've never really claimed time management was my strongest suit.

No comments: