Tuesday, March 25, 2008

i like peas

I remember the first time I was suckered into this NaBloPoMo thing, one of the organizers suggested an entry could be as simple as "I like peas." Well, today I find myself in a hurry again (headed out of town last minute) and much as I do like peas, peas do not make a list. So here are some more veggies I also like:
  1. Peas (which, funny enough, I once served to my niecelet Savannah for breakfast - weird, eh?)
  2. Carrots (my favorite - but not when limp and buttery on a buffet line)
  3. Asparagus (love the way it reminds you that you ate it)
  4. Corn (especially on the cob)
  5. Broccoli (not if overdone)
  6. Cauliflower (with salsa or cheese sauce or in a curry)
  7. Eggplant (sometimes, other times it is really gross)
  8. Spaghetti squash (with spaghetti sauce or recently with a tapenade)
  9. Zucchini (again, only if properly cooked - and often for breakfast)
  10. Artichokes (yum, super yum, but so much work)
We'll see if I am back in town in time to post again in time. Just now I got a call inviting me to a midnight harbor seal feed which is tempting me to ditch my hubby and just stay home. Oh, those harbors are so darling... Decisions, decisions...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are the beets? The most delicious, earthy-tasting veggie in the land.

~w

Merry ME said...

Have you read "She Taught Me to eat Artichokes"? Reading your post led me back to my bookshelf to (re)discover this book about friendship andeating these vegetable delights. Artichokes ... yum! Good friends ... yummier!