Sunday, March 16, 2008

foiled again

So only super obsessed readers may have noticed that I have once again failed NaBloPoMo. Others will be fooled by the fact that I have fudged the time stamp to make it look like I posted on time. Few will be surprised that I cheated, for those who know me know that I have cheated on:
  1. Spelling tests (looking on a friend's paper)
  2. Calculus tests (sharing answers with a friend)
  3. Monopoly (I was banker and gave myself interest free loans so I could stay in the game)
I have never cheated on:
  1. My husband
  2. My taxes
  3. Yahtzee (though sometimes I am tempted)
Anyway, at least tonight I have a good excuse for my tardiness. I just spent the last 4 and a half hours relocating an otter. Not just any otter, either, but Repo, the otter I could have rescued as a pup many years back, but I was out of town that weekend. He came from a beach right in my neighborhood but he was picked up illegally by members of the public and my friends repossessed him from their garage. Thus, the name, Repo.

So Repo is special as he was the last otter pup rehabbed by the Marine Mammal Center (now all otters go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium). Apparently we didn't do the best job keeping him from habituating to humans. Repo is now a serial restrander - showing up on piers, in kayaks, and on very populated beaches. In fact, he was picked up in the very same spot just a week ago. Though I know it's not what an otter should do, I was happy to get to see him again. And I was happy the Aquarium didn't want us to bring him in and happier still they let us relocate him rather than leave him be with the drunken spring breakers around.

Anyway, now I'm due a shower - I'm cold to my core and I am almost certainly tainted with otter poop...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hee hee -- I caught you. Guess that makes me one of your obsessed readers.

and of course I can't harp on you about cheating since you 'enabled' me to be able to pass calculus. Perhaps I could have used a little more enabling since I got a C-.

:)w