Saturday, March 29, 2008

things i smell like

I had a pretty ideal seal day today (two calls, but only one rescue, a relatively late start, with no midnight feed). Since our day started late, I have an overnight guest, Chunky. Chunky will be on his third tubing by breakfast, so he'll be getting his first taste of a delightful treat we call Elephant Seal Formula. Actually, I guess he won't actually taste it (since we place it directly in his stomach), but I suppose he could barf some up... Anyway, I didn't want to have to make Elephant Seal Formula at 8 am, so I prepared it already. Thus my clothes (and my hands) now carry that sickly sweet Sausalito smell comprised of:
  1. Fish and Fish Mash (fish blended with water)
  2. Salmon Oil
  3. Milk Matrix
  4. Dish Soap
  5. Nolvasan
  6. Bleach
  7. Latex Glove Dust
Nauseating as it is, it also makes me smile. Here's hoping tomorrow is equally manageable.

No comments: