Monday, March 03, 2008

ten things I couldn't do today

So here are ten things I couldn't do today:
  1. Sleep in - nothing new here. Besides the regularly scheduled Monkey business, I had a breakfast date with the folks. Sadly, tomorrow's breakfast date is even earlier...
  2. Ride a bike very far - we borrowed cruisers from the hotel and my pedal fell off a half mile away. At least I didn't crash. I usually crash.
  3. Swim - turns out the hotel pool was closed for maintenance. Now I have an imaginary rain check and will feel entitled to pool hop there in the future.
  4. Convince Dad that he no longer has to coast to save gas. He used to do this, calling it his poor man's hybrid, but now that he has an actual Prius it turns out he coasts even more often to get the consumption meter closer to 50 mpg.
  5. Positively identify either a Whimbrel and a Whillet at a distance. We went bird watching today and we are definitely amateurs. Amateurs with poor vision and vastly varied opinions.
  6. Nap - I went shopping with Mom instead. I was a wee bit jealous that Dad was napping but it turns out his rest was brief (again thanks to Monkey...).
  7. Replace the mug I broke a billion years back. I actually went to get a new one right after the tragedy but tricked myself into buying a different, far less functional piece. Now that I realize the error in my ways, I found the store was no longer carrying my beloved mug. I do think I will bring it in, though, and see if they can find the artist to have him duplicate it...
  8. Finish my dinner - we went to Taco Temple, yum. I can almost always finish my regular (house salad and a veggie taco) when I get it as take out, but I know that is because I don't have to move afterwards. I can just slip off into a delightful food coma. Having to walk the three blocks home, I chose to box up the rest of my meal...
  9. Roust my Dad into a Scrabble rematch - he won last night by over 20 points and he never wins... I don't think his pride is the obstacle, though. The poor guy is just exhausted from not napping.
  10. I couldn't not post. Not this early into this imaginary Nanoblopomo, at least. But clearly I couldn't come up with a clever idea, either. Seriously, I should get more organized if I am going to attempt these things.
Oh well. At least I made it to 10. And now I am off to bed. If Monkey allows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy any and all Jenni lists -- divinely inspired or not.

~w