Thursday, November 01, 2007

time flies when you're uninspired

With only 4 and a half hours left in the first day of November and no sign of my muse, it's pretty clear I'll have to resort to a theme to make it through NaBloPoMo. Since I never took Oprah's advice to keep a gratitude journal, I'm thinking the internet is as good a place as any. And November's all about the thanks giving, eh? Sure, sounds good to me. It's almost like I put some thought into it, isn't it?

So today I am grateful for my chiropractor. I know I've said it before, so I'm wondering if this doesn't count? But really, she does fine things for my torqued torso and today in particular she got my neck to release on the one side where it never lets go.

And of course I am grateful for my husband. Without his income and insurance I would never have found my chiropractic haven. The poor guy worked a double shift last night and is currently sneaking in two hours of sleep before he's due back. I hate watching him do overtimes, but we have been living off fumes for the past few months, so I'm extra grateful he's digging in and spending extra time at the loony bin.

For that matter, I am grateful that I did not talk myself into buying an HD Tivo today. It was closer than it should've been. I was weak after spending two solid hours of my morning trying to get my current Tivo and my new cable box to make friends. Only after calling a tech (twice - first time I got disconnected after ten minutes on hold) did I discover that I've got a bit of a Sophie's choice on my hands - either Tivo can watch Showtime or we can watch it live, but we can't have both unless we have HD. To add pressure, as an old school Tivo subscriber, I could transfer my lifetime subscription to this new imaginary HD Tivo for a mere $200 (suspiciously, this is the same amount my original lifetime subscription actually cost...) but the offer ends on November 8th. Bastards.

Anyway, since I'm also grateful OC is still okay. He was "condition suspect" for a few days there but he really seems to look fine. I was a wee bit worried that Halloween lockdown would have unintended intestinal consequences but so far no sign. He was even being exceptionally cute today. He chased me all the way down to my car as I was trying to leave for the chiropractor. I thought it was love but when I got home I saw his food bowl was empty. Yep, he was giving me love for food. He knows the drill.

And now I am grateful I have finished one of my thirty posts. I don't know why I'm so tired (hmm? watching movies till 3 and waking up kitty style at 6 am?) but I've really got to head to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love a good crack. And I think your husband's pretty darn awesome too. And of course I'm tickled to hear OC is hangin' in there. I was worried when you didn't post for a bit and am glad he's still troopin'.

I'm intrigued about Saw IV, though I only saw Saw I and heard about the others. Hostel 2?! Hostel 1 was the dregs. We must discuss at some point. I tend to stifle my scary movie desires -- think that would be a perfect way to spend an evening next time we're in the same town. Curious if you've seen Wendigo. wen-di-go...

Love, love, love November!

-w

Merry ME said...

-w:You love a good crack? I had to go back and read about the chiropractor for a second time before I caught the meaning of that comment!
-j:I see absolutely nothing wrong with being grateful. The churchlady in me might suggest that your muse really did appear - perhaps she was still wearing her Halloween costume so you didn't recognize her! Also, I've got to say writing on only 3 hours sleep is not easy.
Food for love. Love for food. Interesting concept!
As always, enjoying your posts! I agree with "Wendigo" NaBloPoMo is going to be quite entertaining from the reader's perspective. A pain in the "crack" from the writers!
-m