Thursday, November 22, 2007

sorta snotty

So it looks like I took more than memories home from San Diego. My head is full of someone's snot and has been since last night. My sister and my niece aren't sick so it looks like I'm patient zero. (Though I did see some serious boogers in Grace's face on the beach one day...) I'm assuming I got sick at Sea World or the Zoo. What are theme parks if not breeding grounds for opportunistic disease?

In any event, I'm grateful to be sick. I've got the perfect excuse to laze around (something I would've done anyway) and I got to ditch family dinner without feeling guilty. Erik's with his mom and his brother now but before he left he cooked me a few of the basics (stuffing, cranberry sauce, cheesecake, turkey) so I wouldn't miss out (and, I'm sure, so he could enjoy the leftovers). I still have no idea how I got so lucky to find such a treasure of a husband, but today is about being grateful not questioning your blessings.

So other than the snot, it's been a fine day. I hung on the deck some with my kitties (we call that "family time") and OC even snuggled me in the bed a bit (very rare since Monkey's arrival). The sunset was beautiful (my style, very clear and slow) and I got to talk to my mom on the phone. Now, though, I'm tuckered and off to bed again. Just didn't want to blow NaBloPoMo for the third time...

No comments: