Saturday, November 24, 2007

oops, i did it again

Yeah, so I blew NaBloPoMo again. The sad thing is I was even logged in to blogger for some time yesterday but I was trying to deal with this being tagged for a meme thing (whatever a meme is...) and after I completed all my research and set up my reply, the snot took over and I fell asleep. In fact, you should be happy to hear from me today as I am still under the influence of boogers. I woke up at 6:30 and medicated my cat thinking surely it was 6:30 in the morning (time for meds) and not 6:30 in the evening (way too early for meds). I'll tell you, as an unemployed princess parasite, I have grown accustomed to losing track of the day of the week (it's sort of a neat, spoiled feeling) but losing track of the time of day is rather disconcerting.

So now I am forcing myself to be awake just long enough that I can go back to bed like a normal person. Monkey seems pleased with my decision - he has been feeling neglected lately. Today I weighed him and found he is a full 9 pounds - almost twice the size he was when we got him 2 months ago. I don't think he's done growing, either. He still has awkward proportions and a little baby face. While I'm excited for him he's getting bigger and can get into even better trouble, I'm sad for OC . It is clear that Monkey thinks he is the Alpha male and OC seems to accept that. OC really missed the opportunity to assert himself, to dominate, when Monkey was still tiny. Sometimes, though, when Monkey is being especially annoying we'll hold his paws and let OC get a few free swats in but really, all OC wants is food and privacy. He seems to get enough violence outside the home - his ear's been bloodied so much recently it is balding and I have fished no fewer than 3 stray claws out of his head this past month... Though I'd rather not see him so torn up, I realize this is nothing compared to what he suffered under the reign of Blackers.

Anyway, since I seem to have little on my brain except whining about how my sniffles are becoming a cough, I thought I'd offer this link that I stumbled across today with the Best of Craigslist. I found it through my law school prep site so they liked this one but I particularly enjoyed this entry. Besides, Monkey wants to play fetch and it's just about time for Erik to get ready for work. Maybe tomorrow I'll do that meme (unless I get some seals...).

No comments: