Monday, November 26, 2007

feeling kinda dirty

It's not really my style to post twice in one day, but since I owe a few days I figured I could handle sharing this little quickie update. I'm feeling all super white trashy cuz I just used the internets to order crappy pizza. It's not that I feel so dirty cuz I'm planning to eat crappy pizza (though it is not healthy, I know that, thank you, and I will feel appropriately nasty afterwards, I'm sure...). No, I feel dirty cuz I'm all a twitter that I didn't have to phone it in.

I can't tell you how annoying it is to have to call and order pizza. Actually, I can tell you. I dread it. And I am the person who can ask anyone to do anything over the telephone (which sounds like a naughty reference to phone sex, but sadly it is not...). I'm not sure what makes ordering pizza any different, but there's just no joy in it. Maybe it's cuz I know I am talking to someone who most likely doesn't like their job. Or maybe it's cuz I am admitting defeat, having given up on eating anything nutritious... Or maybe it's cuz I know I will either pay too much for good pizza or pay too little for cardboard...

I can tell you it is even more annoying on the other end (as my hubby used to work in the pizza industry) as no one ever EVER knows what they want to order before they dial. So I was all excited to find that my local Domino's is part of the on line Domino's. Like we're a real city or something. Frankly, I'm mildly suspicious that the pizza won't come - just like the cab Erik ordered when we first moved to Cayucos and had no car thanks to a towing incident. (Have I told you all about that? If not, someday. It's a great story best told over cocktails...)

Anyway, I'm excited. The only thing that could've made it better is if I could've paid with PayPal, but at least I had cash on hand.

And, oh my goodness, it's here already.

No comments: