Saturday, November 10, 2007

strangers with candy

It went against my better judgment, but today I bought candy from strangers. Specifically, I bought those cool out of stock Harry Potter Cockroach Clusters from a woman on eBay. I'm extra suspicious cuz I paid less than the candy sites were asking. I wasn't suspicious enough not to buy out her entire supply, however. Gummy crunchy (probly stale, hopefully not poisoned) candy bugs, here I come.

Anyway, then I got some actual seal action today. Both of my sea lions had to wait patiently on their beaches for over three hours before I got the messages that they were there. I was shocked to find them still around, all lethargic and tucked and easily captured. I won't have pictures until tomorrow (in fact, I'm already in a hurry to get back to the one who needs late night meds) but the first one, Spooner, has a puncture wound on his right front flipper. The second one, Three Hour, is just goofy and drooly and probly bound to seize.

It shouldn't surprise me, that I got some action, but we have been really reallly slow for a couple of months now. Other than a few exceptions, I've been the only person to get any activity in that time. Not that I am complaining, of course. The seals are what I'm in this for. But I still think it's funny. I scaled back my dates and still dominated the rescue scene. Lucky me.

Thanks to Spooner I will be up again very early to give him more pain meds. Just the thought of it is making me sleepy.

But in the meanwhile, tonight I am thankful for meds. How cool is that that we can make animals (including ourselves) more comfortable? That we can conquer infections and control seizures? Awesome, I say.

And I am thankful for naps, even though I missed mine today.

And for pizza delivery, cuz that's just what Erik needed. Poor neglected undernourished husband.

No comments: