Wednesday, November 28, 2007

blatant cheating

As I write this, it's technically already the 29th so I have failed NaBloPoMo again. I couldn't resist setting the blogger timestamp back, however, because I am, at my core, a big fat cheater. I cheat at board games (I have been banned from ever again being the Monopoly banker), evidently I cheat on my taxes (I file early, omitting the information on that stupid form that tells me I made $19 in taxable dividends that never comes til April...), and, yes, I have cheated in school (almost exclusively for the benefit of others - though I did learn that my 6th grade BFF and I mutually cheated off each other during spelling tests...). At least I don't cheat on my husband. That's a whole different ball game.

Anyway, nothing much happened today so I was not very inspired to post. Then I was gmail chatting with my sister as the midnight hour approached. So, yeah, I am late. You know, I used to do this in my work reality as well. If something was due by the end of a certain day I would always ask if it had to be the end of their day (6 pm) or if it could be the end of my day (wee hours in the morning). I think this is why I was told I had poor time management skills during the peer portion of my employee review.

The coolest thing that happened today for me was that my tongue felt its first static electricity when Erik kissed me goodbye before leaving for work. It was painful but kinda romantic. I love static electricity weather. I encourage the static, running the heat extra and putting on my fuzzy shirt. Poor OC used to be my primary static victim but I have since found that Monkey makes a fine light show as well. Ah, poor Monkey. Today I fed him the Farty Feast because tomorrow he is scheduled to have his microchip implanted. Though it's only the size of a grain of rice, that means the needle is bigger than a grain of rice. Which is huge for a needle. Anyway, I'm trying to suck up to him so he will forgive me.

But now it is late. So I am off to bed. Tomorrow (today) I shall post again. Probably.

No comments: