Friday, November 30, 2007

big loser

Last night I didn't post because I got side tracked (read: drunk) with company. We had my brother-in-law and his vet tech girlfriend over so that Monkey could get his microchip implanted. He's been quite the escape artist lately - darting out into the yard at every opportunity - so I wanted to get some identification in him as soon as possible. His extra Monkey toes make him visually identifiable, sure, but only the microchip protects him from the big bad people at Animal Control. So I could've taken him to the vet and had them implant the chip, but I mistakenly thought it would be less stressful to do it at home - sparing him the drive and all. As it turns out, it was pretty stressful for me to have to participate. The needle was huge and, apparently, quite dull. We ended up attempting a couple few times before finally breaking the skin. Poor Monkey. Now I know why they prefer to put the chips in when our pets are knocked out being spayed or neutered. Anyway, the irony is that now I very much want to take him to the vet just to verify the chip is working. At least I can just take him to a nearby clinic (any one with a universal reader) rather than having to drive him 20 minutes to the vets I trust. Anyway, afterwards we toasted his braveness and we called it Monkey's bris...

So that's my excuse for being a weenie and reconfirming my status as a NaBloPoMo loser.

Speaking of losers, I don't think I even enjoy watching Survivor any more. The person I am rooting for invariably ends up losing. This week they blindsided my sexy gravedigger. Granted, it's his own damn fault for not playing one of his two immunity idols, but still. Now there isn't anyone left who I'd want to see win a million dollars. I'm sure that won't prevent me from tuning in, though. There are still some people I'd like to see win it even less than others...

Now, though, I'm feeling like a loser cuz I am ignoring my husband on one of his few days off. I've considered dragging him out to the movies but I think I will spare him the drive as well. But now he wants me to press his back - no surprise as we both haven't been to the chiropractor in a couple of weeks. That makes us super dork losers cuz we're running out of time to maximize our number of insurance sponsored visits. I'd go tomorrow but I am in charge of seals and though it has been slow, slow, slow, with my luck I would get a call and have to cancel. Maybe we can get him in, though.

Now my computer wants to restart and install software updates so that's my cue...

No comments: