Saturday, November 17, 2007

napping overcomes wrath

This is my new motto - "napping overcomes wrath" - borrowed from the Tao of Cat glasses available at Common Goods, my favorite junk mail. After ditching my seal meeting I got 10 hours of sleep. I'm in the final stages of departure prep. OC's fed and medicated, Monkey's fed and needs to be scooped up after, Erik's loading the car, and then I just shower and go. I'm hoping since it is Saturday the drive will take the optimistic 5 and a half hours that Google estimates instead of the 8 and a quarter alternative (with traffic). I haven't driven to San Diego since college and then, I recall, I got sick on the Grapevine (fever, weird, huh?) and I had to get a hotel for the night. Of course, then I was coming from Berkeley (and bringing Fabe along) so it was just a super horrendous drive. So this will be a breeze, right? Right.

And I am also still hung up on my other favorite quote - "frustration and anger pays off in the end" - as that is how I found my iPod charging cord while packing last night.

Okay, as my dad would say, time to get a move on, sportsfans.

No comments: