Monday, November 19, 2007

mmm mojitos

So yesterday got away from me and I didn't make it to a place with internet access. Alas, I have failed NaBloPoMo. I pretty much figured that was a risk when planning this trip. At least it was just because we were too cheap to pay for internet at the hotel and not because we ruined the laptop when the vase / ice bucket fell over and soaked the works.

Though I am now a big loser, it was worth it. I had a great day with my sister and my niecelet celebrating Suz's birthday. We started with a breakast date (blackberry banana pancakes, papas locos, fruit bowl) followed by a walk around Mission Bay. We met a nice dog (Debit) and a friendly orange cat. Next we went to Sea World. As you can imagine, I have mixed feelings about Sea World (mostly just the Orcas), but I must say the shows were amazing. Grace in particular had the time of her life. The dolphins drenched us, despite our shared poncho, the dogs and cats were delightful (I now want to teach Monkey to climb across a rope upside down), and the sea lions were just silly. (For the record, I prefer the old 80's haunted castle show to today's submarine set, though the tricks are clearly the same...) Grace was brave and fed the sea lions little slimy fish through a feeding tube. It was priceless. Afterwards I noticed she swapped her half a soft pretzel for my uninfected half...

Anyway, afterwards we went out for tapas and mojitos. Grace slept through the whole thing, missing out on the delightful company of her cousins' Uncle Frankie and his boyfriend Josh. On the drive home she woke long enough to realize we'd left her tiny baby Orca at the restaurant. We performed a swift bit of stuffed marine mammal rescue and went home to go to bed.

Today is all about the zoo. Everyone's ready to go so we are out of here. Now that I've already failed I probly won't try too hard to post tomorrow but I'll be home Wednesday.

No comments: