Friday, November 24, 2006

ten rules for a happy and successful wife

When I got married, after 12 years of living sin, my sister sent me a laminated card with "Ten rules for a Happy and Successful Wife." I remember it gave me a chuckle when I first read it, and I've found it useful as a bookmark over the years. It's been a while since I've actually reviewed the rules. Clearly I am a miserable, failure of a wife.

1. Avoid arguments. Your husband has his share from other sources.
2. Don't nag.
3. Don't drink or eat to excess.
4. If you offend your husband, always ask forgiveness before you retire.
5. Compliment your husband liberally. It makes him a better husband.
6. Budget wisely together. Live within your income.
7. Be sociable and go out with your husband.
8. Dress neatly and attractively for your husband, and keep your home clean and cheerful.
9. Keep your household troubles to yourself.
10. Pray together and stay together.

1 comment:

SuzanH said...

Hahahahaha!

I failed them all. ALL.