Wednesday, November 15, 2006

on a jet plane

My folks will soon be on their way to visit Margaret and other assorted relatives, including my cuzen Jill who's giving birth to a baby of unknown gender in exactly 2 hours and 14 minutes. While I cannot fathom having the patience to keep a secret from myself for 9 months, especially one as significant as the very nature of my impending child, I applaud those who prefer to be surprised. My money is on a girl, easy money I'd say, since Jill already has one and almost everyone I know (at least as of late) is having girls. And those who have boys have only boys. But Jill is from the perfect family - one girl followed by one boy - so it won't be a huge surprise to me if she creates the perfect family. Can you see now why I am not a gambler? Too indecisive to pick one side. It's the Libra in me.

Anyway, in the spirit of family connectedness, I have, in the last 24 hours, brought my known possible readership up to a cool dozen with the addition of my sister and three of my gazillion cuzens. I still doubt that will be enough to make the connection needed to acquire my Ickis & Fungus song, but after more research I am freshly discouraged. Viacom seems to keep a ridiculously tight rein on their Nickelodeon products. I doubt that even Drew Neumann himself could get me a copy of that tune.

So, welcome to my world, cuzens, and welcome to the world, new baby second cuzen of unknown gender.

No comments: