Monday, November 27, 2006

ancient dynasty?

Until today I'd never heard of Ramtha, or JZ Knight, the woman who has apparently been channelling the 35,000 year old god since the mid seventies. Had I been forced to guess, say on a multiple choice, I would have selected:

C. some kind of rapper

because when it doubt, C. is always a solid guess and her name sounds like the lovechild of Jay-Z and Suge Knight. Besides, I would have already eliminated the two other obvious red herrings:

A. famous children's book author

and

D. wife of Christopher Knight (TV's Peter Brady)

because I test well and I read Harry Potter and yes, I watched My Fair Brady - both seasons. Now I know that JZ Knight, in addition to being filthy rich, is:

B. best friends with Linda Evans (Dynasty's Krystle Carrington)

{But here I must confess that if forced to guess who Linda Evans was on a multiple choice I would have gotten it wrong. I would have selected:

C. TV's Wonder Woman

because I am lame and I would only have remembered the Lynda part of Lynda Carter's name.}

Anyway, I know all this now, about Ramtha and his special friend JZ Knight, because today JZ's dog needed an MRI at my sister's emergency clinic. Here is the part where I would ordinarily mock JZ Knight (and Ramtha by association) - particularly for requiring the assistance of a veterinarian at all, especially since JZ and Ramtha once healed JZ's son of his crippling peanut butter allergy, you would think they could diagnose the source of the dog's problem without modern technology - but I am strangely reticent to risk incurring the wrath of an ancient god. My life is going too well to tempt the fates. Lord knows I do not need to start channelling someone myself, nor do I need to be abducted by aliens, and I certainly do not desire to be struck down by some strange plague or archaic fungus. And besides, anyone who will spring for an MRI for their pet, even if they can easily afford it, is okay in my book.

Instead, I offer thanks to Ramtha and his special friend for giving me something interesting to blog about. (Okay, strange more than interesting - but far better than the previous leading contender - a discussion of my morning bout with hiccups...) And I add the friendship between JZ Knight and Linda Evans to my random list of little known celebrity facts, right next to the other best buds I know of, Rick Springfield and Doug Davidson (you know, that detective dude, Paul, on the Young and the Restless).

1 comment:

SuzanH said...

That was a great post.
I had no idea about Rick Springfield & Doug Davidson.

Stopped by from the Randomizer.